Close Message Handling

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by WilliamP, May 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

I know that this has been discussed before. Please don't hit me with anything. I would just like for it to work. I can even close PG without verification. Please tell me,honestly, that it is being worked on.

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

William, You can close Process Guard. exe but that does not stop the protection as you cannot close dcsuserprot if Process Guard protection is enabled - Try it :)

You can easily check that the procguard.dll is loaded by clicking the loaded process - If it does not show the first time then reload the process. Looking in the .dll window of process explorer (show lower pane) or faber toys and it will usually work.

Yes, Jason is totally aware of the problem but currently has higher priorities.

HTH Pilli :)

3. WilliamP

Thank you for the reply Pilli. I'm still trying to learn how to use Process Explorer.

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

OK William, May I suggest Faber Toys?http://www.faberbox.com/fabertoys.asp
    This does similar things and will show you easily the dependencies for each running process.
    Install Faber Toys -
    Click your Start button - Programs - Faber toys - click the "Dependencies" icon - Find the process you want to look at and click it - All of the depenent files will be shown in the lower window. If you have close message handling enabled procguard.dll will show in the lower window list providing it has loaded correctly to the protected program.

5. WilliamP

The procguard.dll doesn't load in TDS3. I tried reloading TDS3 and it still doesn't load. What is really strange is if I check for updates and it is allready up to date,then the verification window pops up twice.

6. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

You may need to try reloading TDS3 several times to get the procguard.dll loaded.
    I do not shutdown this PC as a rule, usually use hibernate, so do not often have to reload the close message handling protected programs.

Do you mean an HID pop up or the secure desktop?

7. WilliamP

The human verification window. I can find the dll loaded in NOD32 but I can't get it to load in TDS3.

8. WilliamP

Ok Pilli I closed and reopened TDS3 three times and finally the procguard.dll showed up. You would think that PG would like TDS3. After all they are related.

9. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Yeh, Not sure why , possibly a timing issue :)

10. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

JMO

I find it a bit unnerving when we talk about a "timing issue" preventing the successful insertion of a module to effect Close Message Handling. It would seem to me that PG's coding should CONFIRM that CMH is properly injected when it is told to. If CMH is not injected successfully, PG should retry for X attempts and ERROR MESSAGE out if unsuccessful so the user knows something is wrong.

11. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi siliconman01, Close Message handling is an experimental part of Process Guard ans DCS has stated that since it was introduced.
    I am guessing it may be a timing error.:)
    It does work properly once the procguard.dll is in the protected processes dependencies list which is easily checked.

12. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

I've become so "dependent" on PG as my system "Samurai" that I don't like seeing options such as CMH and Global Hooks not working correctly for very long. :D Hopefully, "experimental" will turn into WAD soon. *puppy*

13. WilliamP

The procguard.dll will load only after TDS3 is reloaded 3 times. Seems like that is the secret number. After it loads it does work. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.