Hi at all. I looked for an equal topic, but found nothing. So here is my problem: I want to backup my old internal 80Gig drive to an external 200Gig USB harddisk. So i choosed "clone hdd" and "automatic". according to the manual this greaten up my partitions from eg 16gig to 40gig for drive "c:". so far so good. acronis wants to reboot. "ok". after the lines from the bios it appears a blinking cursor and thats all. after hours of waiting (i calculated the time which is will take and waited two times as much). i pressed "space"/"enter" and it i think aborts the process and continues starting windows. after that i had a look at my external 200Gig hdd: partitions were created but the content of the drives wasn't complete. each of my 7 partitions was about 80% of the original size. so i think it has problems with the remaining 20%. do you have an idea? pc is running under win xp pro + sp 2 800Mhz 512 MB ram additional usb 2.0 pci card (please excuse my bad english) merry christmas and thanks in advance for your help!