Cloning Procedure using older RAID card

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by NewToAcronis, Sep 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewToAcronis

NewToAcronis Guest

I have a Compaq Proliant 1600 using a Smart Array 221 controller. Disk config is Array A 2 x 9GB drives hardware RAID 1. Array B has 3 x 9 GB RAID 5 not currently being used and will be deleted. I am running out of room and would like to replace the RAID 1 config with a single 18GB drive. I will add another 18GB drive shortly afterwards using the Windows 2000 software mirror. Can I simply clone using True Image Server 8.0 for Windows to the 18GB drive. Delete the Array A and boot to the new disk? This is a production box so I want to get it right!!!!

Thanks in advance

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello NewToAcronis,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

We can assure that you can clone your RAID 1 array to a single drive in case there is enough space on the target drive. We recommend you to perform this operation while booted from a Bootable media. Please note that we recommend you to unplug one of the hard drives(or RAID 1 array in your case) right after the disk cloning process has been finished, since keeping both original and cloned hard drives connected might cause different boot or drive letter assignment problems.

I recommend you to download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 8.0 Server for Windows to see how the software works on your computer.

We are always at your service should you have any further questions.

Thank you.
    --
    Semyonov Vasily

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.