cloning problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mgphillips, Jul 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mgphillips

mgphillips Guest

I am having difficulties cloning a hard drive. Input drive is 80GB. Output is 36 GB. I do manual sizing operation to create partitions manually. Acronis offers 2 x 18GB drives but I want 1 x 25 and 1 x 12. When I change 1 of the 18GB to 12GB all is well, and I see 6BG unallocated as a seperate partition. When I then try to modifty the other 18GB partition it will not try to make the 6 GB available. It insists the maximum space is 18 GB. My input drives are 2 x 40 GB, but one is only using 8 GB hence the reason why I want the cloned drive to use unbalanced sizes for the partition.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mgphillips,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all please update your copy of Acronis True Image 8.0 to the 889 build. In order to get access to updates you should register account on our site (or just log in if you have already created it) and then register your copy of the product.

Than please try to clone your hard drive again, if the problem remains please create a screenshots of your actions in "Clone disk" wizard and send to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. This will allow us to investigate the problem thoroughly.

Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.