Cloning failed and old drives partitions gone!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by carlabramsson, Apr 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Last nite I started a disc clone of my old hdd with two partitions to my new drive. Set the partitions sizes manual, did want som unallocated space left on my new drive.
    Windows (XP SP1) rebooted, the job started and all looked fine.
    This morning I turned on my monitor and XP whas at the login prompt so I did a shut down, removed the old hdd, set the new one as master (via cable select) and turned it on again. Booted into "native", True Image did some stuff and the reboted again.

XP booted just fine of the new drive but when I logged in the second partition (d:) was missing. Checked the partitions on the drive and only the first (C:) partition was present, the rest unallocated. Hmm.

No worries I thought, just plug in the old drive again as a slave and copy the things out of the old D: that i needed. Shut down, plugged in the old, booted up and.... gaaaah! Old drive only had only one partition (unformatted) and it looks like the whole drive only is about 2 mb!

Any ideas what first caused the clone-job to fail and why my old drive has gone bad? If I can't get my old d: back it's a complete disaster!

Note: I didn't destroy or create a new partition table on my old with True Image. Selected "Keep data".

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello carlabramsson,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Cloning Software.

Could you please plug both your drives and create Acronis Report in the way described at Acronis Help Post. Please send the report to us.

As for reasons, is it possible that you had some problems with power supply during the night that caused the computer to reboot? After the cloning is complete the computer should turn off, not reboot.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.