Cloning and expanding an Apple TV hdd / partition

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by Sillyboy7, Aug 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sillyboy7

Sillyboy7 Registered Member

Greetings,

I am considering purchasing the Personal version of Partition Manager, but am seeking opinions if the following will be possible:

My objective is to expand the HDD capacity of an Apple TV, so I will need to do the following:
    * Clone a Apple TV 40GB HDD into a larger capacity HDD (it has 3 partitions, presumably HFS or HFS+)
    * Expand one of the HFS data partitions to fill up the space offered by the larger HDD

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks! :)

Cheers,
    Charles

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Sillyboy7

You can clone your small HDD with HFS partitions to larger HDD from Paragon Recovery CD, which could be created from Recovery Media Builder wizard in PM Personal.
    You will need to boot your Mac from Recovery CD and select Normal mode.

As you want to change partitions size, you have 2 main possibilities:
    1) perform HDD copy with 'Resize proportionally' option
    Then all existing HFS partitions will be enlarged
    2) firstly copy one-by-one partitions you won't resize "as is", and then copy the partition you want to enlarge and make it cover all unallocated space on new HDD.

Please note: Partition manager allows to move only right HFS partition border, so it is impossible to change left border.

3. Sillyboy7

Sillyboy7 Registered Member

That sound great. Many thanks for the advice. I'll give it a try :)

Cheers,
    Charles

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.