Cloning a TiVo Disk

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Jeff Mourich, Oct 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff Mourich

Jeff Mourich Registered Member

Has anyone used True Image 6.0 or newer version to clone a 141GB disk in a Series II TiVo box to a larger disk with sucess?

I would like to know if it has been tried before I crack the box open and do something that has been tried before with no luck.

There are other tools that I have not used (Linux tools) to do this. But I own TI 6.0 and would upgrade it to the new 10.0 if this is something others have tried and woked with good results.

Thanks in advance!

Jeff Mourich

2. holmes4

holmes4 Registered Member

I have not heard of success using tools such as TI or Ghost. Most TiVo owners use a free tool called mfs_tools to backup and restore TiVo disks. It has the advantage of being able to expand to larger disks and copies only the used data. (It can also write a compressed backup onto a FAT32 partition.)

You can read more about TiVo disks at TiVo Community Forum or DealDatabase forums - the latter is where the more advanced TiVo hacking is discussed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.