Cloned wrong drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by airdale2003, May 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. airdale2003

airdale2003 Registered Member

Trial version of TI10. The cloning software worked like a champ, but I was pressed for time and inadvertantly selected the wrong drives. I selected the blank drive as the source and the data drive as the destination. Yep, my own silly fault.

Are there any recovery tools or do I start rebuilding? So much for saving time.

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Was this data drive purely data or was it your bootable windows system drive? There are tools for recovery such as R-Studio, which I have used, but to have the best chance of success, do not write anything at all to the drive in question. Disconnect it and put it aside until you decide how to recover it.

3. airdale2003

It was indeed my bootable drive. I will try some of the recovery tools. Thanks for the response!

4. rodnh

rodnh Registered Member

Hi airdale2003,

Boy, that's a real bummer. I clone and reclone disks on a regular basis and always carefully double and triple check everything at the point of disk selection in fear of that happening to me also. Good luck to you in recovering your system.

Rod

5. airdale2003

The funny thing is, I am a network administrator and regularly clone our Citrix servers and never had a mishap.

I think it is a rebuild.

6. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Sorry to hear about the mishap.

And now you know why I prefer making images and restoring them instead of cloning whenever that is possible. :)

7. airdale2003

Yes, a much better way.

Instead of being bummed, I look at it as an opportunity.

8. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Good thinking.

I always look at at hard drive as half full rather than half empty. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.