cloned drive will not boot

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ck100, Mar 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ck100

ck100 Registered Member

I have made several cloned images using trueimage without issue. I now have a sony vaio laptop and made a successful clone of the drive to a larger one. The problem is it will not boot. I checked the drive and all the data etc is there just wont boot. pc comes up to a blinking cursor. BIOS sees the drive. Please help!!

2. Jason Miller

Jason Miller Registered Member

Did you try to boot into safe mode? The MBR may be corrupted.

3. ck100

ck100 Registered Member

you know I can't boot into safe mode it doesn't even allow me to choose that option. When I hit f8 it does nothing. The only thing I can get into is the bios

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ck100,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build of the respective version of Acronis True Image which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Could you please clarify whether you have cloned your old hard drive to the new one within Windows or in rescue mode?

If you have cloned your hard drive within Windows, please create the bootable rescue media with the latest build of your version of Acronis True Image, boot your computer from it and try to clone once again.

Please note that we recommend you to unplug one of the hard drives right after the disk cloning process has been finished, since keeping both original and cloned hard drives connected might cause different boot or drive letter assignment problems.

If the problem still persists, please do the following:

- Boot into Windows from the source (healthy) hard drive;

- Create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Run Acronis Report Utility once more and select the "Create Bootable Floppy" option;

- Insert a blank floppy disk in the A: drive and proceed with creation of the bootable floppy;

- Shut down the PC, unplug the source hard drive and install the cloned (non-bootable) disk in it's place;

- Boot the computer from the beforehand created diskette and wait for report creation process to finish;

- Shut down the PC, swap the drives back, boot into Windows and collect the report.txt file from the diskette;

- Rename the reports created to report_source.txt and report_destination.txt accordingly;

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach the reports created to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.