Cloned drive containing OS cannot use Outlook or IE7

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by samcat, Oct 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samcat

samcat Registered Member

Hi,
    I cloned by OS drive to another drive. The cloned drive will allow me to do everything except it will not download email using outlook or download any pages using IE7. I can however download via bittorrent!!!. Any solutions. I'm at a loss.

Cheers

Dave

2. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

I doubt that this is related to the fact that you are using a cloned drive.

In IE7 under the tools tab do you have Diagnose Connection Problems tool installed? If so run the diagnosis test and act on the results. You could also right click your connection icon and run Repair.

However the most likely cause is that you ISP has some temporary problems. Check with them either by their own diagnosis software if you have any installed or by telephone.

Xpilot

3. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Did you try booting with the original drive to see if it is exhibiting the same problems? Might be just coincidence and as XPilot says it may be your ISP.

4. samcat

samcat Registered Member

Everything works fine using the original drive

5. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Did you do any diagnostics on the clone and what were the results? Have you put the clone back on line again? what are you going to do next?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.