Clone SBS 2003 Server

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by mredz, Jun 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mredz

mredz Registered Member

Hi I have Paragon Drive Backup server. I am considering cloning an SBS 2003 server to different hardware. Has anyone done this before? If so were there any problems after having done it?

2. sahanif

sahanif Registered Member

I have tried to backup and restore SBS 2003 SP2 from old machine to a new machine (diffrerent hardware) using Paragon DB 10 SBS. And the result is not work. It's failed. The new machine can not boot and always restart. :mad:

I've escalated to paragon technical support about this issue, report on saturday morning and until monday afternoon (about 3x24 hour) there is no reply at all...o_O

Pls help..

3. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello sahanif,

We apologize about the inconvenience. If you can give us a call directly to our support line: 1 888 347 5462, option 3, option 1, one of our technician will be glad to assist you.

mredz,

Drive Backup is very capable of restoring to dissimilar hardware. With Paragon Adaptive Restore, we're able to inject required drivers into the OS for its new environment and reset the hardware layer (HAL.dll).

4. sikhan

sikhan Registered Member

Dear

I have also same problem, have any one solution for this.

waiting !!!!

Regards,

5. sikhan

sikhan Registered Member

Dear Friends,

Recently i try to clone Server 2003, Which is using AD on it. I take C Drive Backup and recovery disk.

I try on VMware Workstation v 6. I do all required step of recovery. after complete all restore.

Windows Server Start , hang on Blue Screen Error and error message is below

Technical Information:
    *** STOP: 0X0000007B ( 0XF789EA94 , 0XC000034 ,0X00000000 , 0X00000000)

I dont know to do this.

VMWare is same machine where Server 2003 Installed with AD.

and also can any one tell me how to restore on other hardware.

Waiting for your prompt reply.

Regards,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.