Clone question

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by TerryFox, Jul 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TerryFox

TerryFox Registered Member

Hi ... I just have to say , I love this software , Though I'm curious if there a limit as to how many clones can be perform on the same drive ? Thanks

2. MerlinAZ

MerlinAZ Registered Member

What do you mean? A clone is a copy, so technically, it would be one.
    If you are talking about images, then it depends on how big the images are and how big your drive is.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2006
  3. starsfan09

starsfan09 Registered Member

I have 2 "WD Raptors" 74gb (WD740GD & WD740ADFD). I've cloned one to the other many times now, and also...used one of the .TIB files I made with one, and put it on the other HD--which is what I'm using right now. So, basically, ...I've not had one single problem with "Cloning", or "Restoring"(a .TIB file) from one HD ...to the other.

I don't think there is a limit as to how many times you can "Clone" to another HD. As long as you're doing it correctly.

4. TerryFox

Hi ... What I mean is what i am doing is cloning my system hard drive with another drive but only using this clone drive for back up purpose only , I am not installing this clone hard drive , There nothing wrong with my system hard drive , So I am basically cloning the drive whenever I do major updating from my system drive , I am just keeping the clone drive for safe keeping , This is why I am asking if there is a limit as to how many times a hard drive can be clone ? Thanks

5. bobdat

bobdat Registered Member

You can clone your healthy drive to another healthy drive as many times as you want to.

6. TerryFox

Ok , This is good news then , Though it would be nice if a person from TI would confirm this , Thanks

7. korona

korona Registered Member

Dear Poster,

Yes, you can clone Healthy Drive to Health Drive... and the same for bad drives... always defrag/check disk before cloning and always verify clones and re-clones.

You can make as many clones as you like as long as you have the media to support the desire.

I clone my system at different program installs. My Desktop has about 9 Levels of clones, my laptop has 7-8. When you test software/hardware you will love Acronis even more. My Laptop and Desktop take about 18 hours/each to reconstruct from a fresh install to the last program. So my 15GB OS Drive takes me 12 Minutes to save my bacon.

korona

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.