Clone hard drive problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by thgooden, Jan 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thgooden

thgooden Registered Member

I bought Acronis True Imaging based on several articles and forums that were saying it was a far better product than Norton Ghost. I wanted to clone my desktop harddrive to my laptop harddrive. Everything went well on the cloning except when I went to reconnect my desktop harddrive back. Now, all I get is a non system disk error when trying to boot off the desktop harddrive. But, if I put my laptop harddrive in my desktop it has no problem booting from it. Any help for this newbie using True Imaging would be great!

thanks

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello thgooden,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Could you please insert your desktop hard drive back to your desktop computer and do the following:

Windows 95/98/ME – boot from Startup Disk and run "fdisk /mbr" command;
    Windows 2000/XP – boot from Installation Disc into Recovery Console and run "fixmbr" command.

If the problem remains please download Acronis Report utility from http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe:

- Run Acronis Report utility and select the "Create bootable floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the floppy drive and proceed with creating the bootable diskette;
    - Boot the computer under consideration from this diskette and wait for report creation process to complete;
    - Send the "report.txt" file from the floppy disk to support@acronis.com along with a reference to this thread.

This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

Thank you.

--
    Andrew Berezovsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.