Clone Disk

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by eo1bart, May 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eo1bart

eo1bart Registered Member

I'm interested in replacing my old hard 20 gb drive on my Dell L866r. However, there is no slot to add a second drive. Can this still be done? How would I go about transferring data to a new drive with only one slot? I do have an 80gb external also

2. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

Do you have a CD-drive?

3. eo1bart

Yes i do and I can boot from it

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello eo1bart,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

You can make image of your old hard drive to CD/DVD, remove the hard drive and add the new one in your PC. Then boot from bootable CD and start restore image from CD/DVD. Please read the User's Guide of Acronis software, you can download it from the following link: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/download/docs.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

5. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

Or make the image to the 80Gb drive then do the swap and reimage from the 80 Gb external drive.

6. eo1bart

Ok, so it's the same as when I backup my C-Drive. I create an image and save it to my 80gb external drive. Now i'll just have to create an Acronis boot disk, and boot from it after I install my new drive. Then i will copy the image to the new drive, correct? sounds pretty simple
    Thanks,
    Bart

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello eo1bart,

Yes, you are correct. If you have any questions concerning our software, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

8. eo1bart

One more question. Should I use the Acronis boot disk on the first boot after the install of the new hard drive, or do I have to format, partition etc. the new hard drive first? Thanks for your help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.