Clients not shown

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by danac, May 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danac

danac Registered Member

I succesfully installed NOD32 BE ERA server and ERA Console on WinXP SP3 machine that belongs to domain.
    Did not have problems with updating viirus definitions and setting up local mirror. Creation of packages went smoothly - more or less.
    Pushed package to clients with no problem, and they updated itself all right...
    Altogether, one can say - solid performace of installation...

Nevertheless, no client is shown in Clients tab !!! o_O
    At the same time, they are all shown in Remote Install tab (see attached pictures)

Any ideas how to get them where they should be shown?

thanx

Attached Files:

2. Geosoft

Geosoft Registered Member

Hi Danac,

You would want to make sure your clients has the correct server information filled in to the Remote Administration section of your EAV clients, with the proper port. (Default is 2222)

You may also make sure that the password/passphrase you have setup to allow contact with the remote server is the same on your client and server or else they may not handshake properly.

You can perform tests on 1 of your clients by setting "Interval between contacting server (min)" to 0. This will have the client make an attempt pretty much every 10 seconds. This is a great to debug the situation.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Couldn't it be that firewall is preventing the clients from connecting to the server? Could you check remote administration settings on one of the clients and make sure they are actually set to connect to the ERA server? Maybe you could try changing the default port 2222 on ERAS for connecting clients if already used by another application. When changing the port number, the change must be made both on the server and clients and the ERAS service must be restarted for the change to take effect.

4. danac

danac Registered Member

got it!
    somehow, i made a mistake while entering ERA server name in distribution package file. :doubt:
    i changed the value and the next installation passed perfectly well. by the books, so to say. i manualy fixed remote administration settings on one of previously installed clients as well, and everything works fine now.

since i have just a few clients, i will walk through the office and fix it manualy in no time. no problem.

now, this is just rethorical situation and every comment is very welcome:
    suppose, i am a lazy person that doesn't want to walk through the office, what are the alternatives? how can i fix remaining clients from ERAC?

thanx

5. Geosoft

Geosoft Registered Member

I'm not too sure if this would work at all, but you can try clearing your "Successful Installs" list and then repushing the installation.

Your clients would require a reboot after you completed this, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.