Client & Server PC

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Guess, Aug 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guess

Guess Guest

I recently gave-up on a firewall, that was a resource hog, on my 98SE server system & decided to try LNS on a 30 day trial. The "other firewall" allowed both PCs to show stealth ports when tested. After setting up the enhanced rules and receiving a stealth comment from all my ports on a testing site from my server PC, I tried to connect my client PC. Needless to say it wouldn't connect to the Internet. However, file to file copying & so forth was still available. I was able to develop a new rule for the server PC to log on to the net. But, after further testing this rule left two ports open on the server & client PC. Strange! Especially when I dedicated ports 1144-1150 and it left ports 1024 & 1025 closed (not stealthed) on the testing site. After a little research I decided to run both PCs with LNS per FAQ. It was after the installation on the client PC that I was successful in having all ports stealth on both PCs!

Question 1: Is it really necessary to install LNS on both PCs if the server is stealth? Wouldn't ICS through a server PC, showing all ports stealth, protect the client?

Question 2: IF it is really necessary to run LNS on both PCs, then how about a better pricing structure for having the product on both PCs instead of being penalized for having two PCso_O I know! I'm cheap! (That is why I like freeware so much!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.