client-server architecture?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ivar, Jan 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ivar

ivar Registered Member

I encounter surprise when I start connecting to Agent from Console.
    First it displays for me client machine as storage destination. I never seen
    such thing before, no-one backup software dont present client machine as
    storage destination. Destination can be server itself or some other specital
    storage server.
    Secondly it ask for me username and password for my console server itself -
    why this is needed? And finally none password wasnt pass and dialogue
    popups up again and again. Whats hell this is?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ivar,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/products/).

You may store the image file onto any computer which is available including the one which image you are creating.

As for the problem with password, please note that Acronis Components remote installation and connection is not supported in Windows XP Home Edition as mentioned in the User's Guide on page 10.

Also I can recommend that you check your network connection and firewall settings. We do not recommend to use system shared folders instead of manually created.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. ivar

ivar Registered Member

No, I have Win2003.

There arent firewalls between machines. And all MS network (netbios) works
    well and file sharing works, except TI ask password for my console machine itself and cant accept it. Console and server resides in win2003 and agent in NT4.
    What means manually created? I understand that TI supports backuping only
    through MS sharing - I cant see any client-server option, through what port this client-server connection works?
    Also in console I dont see my own console machine harddrives.

I just want to make backups from NT4 machine and store it in win2003, nothing more. I am seriously in trouble, please help.

Ivar.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2005
  4. Acronis Support

Hello ivar,

By the "manually created" folder I ment folders that you made shared manually in the "Properties" -> "Sharing" section.

Could you please send a screenshot of the window to support@acronis.com and indicate in the subject of the letter that you want to contact Ilya Toytman. I will do my best to help you to solve the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. ivar

ivar Registered Member

Mean you folder sharing in server or "map network driver" in client machine.
    In server I have shared folders.

Yes, I try this. But anyway backing up through MS netbios network share
    isnt client-server architecture. Correct "client backup" must go through independent TCP port and not through MS network.

Ivar.

6. ivar

ivar Registered Member

I "map network drives" in client point to server share. Then after choosing
    this mapped drive from TrueImage console as destination of backup, it
    displays such error:
    "The file name,location or format "F:\NT4_0.tib" is not valid. Please type the file name or location in the correct format."

Ivar.

7. Acronis Support

Hello Ivar,

Please create a shared folder on the computer where you want to store the image (create a folder, right click on it, choose "Properties" -> "Sharing" tab -> "Share this folder" button). After that please launch Acronis True Image Management Console, choose "Connect" -> "New connection". In the appeared screen please enter the remote computer name, click on the "Options" button and input the username and password for the remote computer. After that please launch the "Create image" wizard and when you indicate your local server as a destination please input the username and password for the local computer.

If you still have problems concerning this procedure please send the screenshots of all your steps to support@acronis.com and indicate in the subject of the letter that you want to contact Ilya Toytman.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

8. ivar

ivar Registered Member

I sayd already that I already have shared folders in local server.

After I enter username and password of my local server this password popup
    window appears again and never accept no-any local server user account.

When I map this shared server folder in client computer into driveletter and
    after that choose this driveletter from TI consoole, then appears that previously described error message.

Ivar

9. Acronis Support

Hello Ivar,

Please send the screenshot of the error to support@acronis.com and indicate that you want to contact Ilya Toytman. I need to have a look at it to help you solve the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.