Click-Click-Click

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by RCGuy, Dec 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Does anyone know what the "clicking" or the continous clicking sound from a website is? Whenever I go to AOL, I hear a few clicks and then I hear the sound of multiple clicks in rapid succession. Also, there have been other sites that I've been at and around every 30 seconds(sometimes every minute or every couple of minutes) these sites will click. And that's even when I go to other websites and the "clicking" website window is still open.

I suspect that the clicking sound may have something to do with some sort of web tracking or web monitoring, but I was wondering if anyone here knows for sure what the "clicking" is.

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

3. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Yes, I use IE. Also, thanks for the info:

Although, I did want to mention that I didn't necessarily find the sound annoying, but just curious as to what the clicking was. But I'm glad to find out that it wasn't spyware, :) although, I noticed that in the little website identifier tab which is above the Window page and below the Menu Bar, that whenever I go to the AOL site, I always see the word "atwola" briefly appear in that tab. And from what I know about atwola, atwola is a tracking cookie. But I guess that's a topic for a whole nother thread. :D

4. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

I guess I stand corrected: Atwola.com :)

5. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Another good reason not to use ie.

6. HURST

HURST Registered Member

I had that to with IE6. Never thought about it...doesn't matter anymore, IE is just used for windows update.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.