CleverIEHooker.Jeired (Hijackthis Log)

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by n0rstar, Jun 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n0rstar

n0rstar Registered Member

Search and Destroy keeps finding a Registry key and calling it this notorious CleverIEHooker.Jeired At first it was 3 Registry keys, I managed through deleting them manualy with a combination of running adaware 6.0, S&D & PestPatrol I managed to get all but 1 to go away, and it keeps self repairing. I googled and read many forum posts about it and didn't find a jeired.dll or fxsrcom.dll

I think perhaps it is this TVm.exe so I tryed deleting those but to no avail they both keep comming back.

HELP!!! :>

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi n0rstar,

Is that your entire log?

If so, check the following items in HijackThis.
    Close all windows except HijackThis and click Fix checked:

R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {707E6F76-9FFB-4920-A976-EA101271BC25} - (no file)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TV Media] C:\Program Files\TV Media\Tvm.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [TV Media] C:\Program Files\TV Media\Tvm.exe

Then reboot into safe mode and delete:
    C:\Program Files\TV Media <= entire folder

Regards,

Pieter

3. n0rstar

ok, after some more diligent search I came to the conclusion TVm.exe is the culprit. I searched all HD's for jeired.dll and it showed nothing, so then I searched for Containing Text: jeired.dll in hopes of it finding a link to it in a boot file. all that turned up was this tvm.exe. After I tryed to manualy delete this folder it respawned, but I was left with 1 reg key not 2, maken me think one of the .dlls I managed to get rid of spawned the other 2 regkeys. I am going to slave out this HD and go in and try to delete this TVm.exe from my system. I will let u know how I make out.

4. n0rstar

LOL ain't that a hoot and a hollar, had I refreshed my page I wouldn't had to make that previous post, but it is without a doubt reassuring knowing I am not the only one that came to that conclusion :>

thanks a ton <3

5. Pieter_Arntz

LOL indeed,

Pieter

6. n0rstar

Well its gone :>

running the S&D prior to the reboot did not expel the regkeys, so when I booted in safe mode I deleted the folder first, then deleted the regkeys, now I am 100% spyware free :D thanks again <3

7. Pieter_Arntz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.