Cleaning Levels

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by TomFace, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TomFace

TomFace Registered Member

I normally use standard cleaning during scans. Would I gain anything by changing to strict cleaning? I try not to be risky on the net (yes I am boring:isay: ) and scan regularly. Just curious.

2. XenonS

XenonS Registered Member

Hi,

I'm using ESET for quite a time now. For the scan search there are 2 scans available: Smart scan and Indepth Scan. With the second it will also look for unwanted and potentially dangerous software (whatever this could be).

As for the Strict Cleaning, just look at the post more below, that's the ideal scenario to use it, I think.

XenonS

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

For instance, in strict cleaning mode archives containing malware and clean files will be deleted. In normal cleaning mode, you would be prompted for an action in such case.

4. TomFace

TomFace Registered Member

XenonS and Marcos, thanks for the input-sounds like standard cleaning level will keep my options open, no real gain with strick cleaning. For my scheduled scans (always during off hours and after "heavy" net use), I always use indepth scanning, nothing able to hide that way.:ninja:

Thanks again:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.