Cleaning and restoring

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by jleroyce, May 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jleroyce

jleroyce Registered Member

Hi Ladies and Gents

One of my computers have contracted the ebola virus. Just kidding but seriously i cannot get on to this thing because it freezes as soon as the desktop comes on. I was wondering if I could connect the computer to my other one that isnt infected and run a hijack this log so that some one here could HELP ME! Would it be safe to take the hard drive out of the infected computer and install it in the good computer (along with the good hard drive) and use it as a slave hard drive? I am considering just to save the music and personal files from the bad cp to the new cp and doing a complete wipe and installing everything else fresh. HELP. Thanks:)

2. AJohn

AJohn Registered Member

Have you tried SafeMode?

3. jleroyce

jleroyce Registered Member

yes I have but I still cannot repair what the problem is

4. AJohn

AJohn Registered Member

Have you tried running something such as Ewido, Trojan Remover, BOClean, TrojanHunter, etc.?

5. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

Hello,
    Most malware impacts information on your hard drive so if you connected it to another PC as a slave, it could theoretically affect that other system. Your bootup problem could be malware caused or corrupt system bootup areas on that drive. It is worth a shot at scanning the slave drive with a scanner program just to see if anything odd is present. You might also want to scan it with hard drive utilities just to eliminate the possibility that the problem is hardware related.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.