CleanCache/CleanMOCache update message

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by WYBaugh, Jan 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WYBaugh

WYBaugh Registered Member

Mods, please move this if this is the wrong place to post. I wanted to let everyone see the message I posted on my web site since I'm sure that it will get more traffic here than at my site.

Thanks,

Bill

A bug was reproted to me on Christmas day concerning secure wiping in both CleanCache and CleanMOCache. This bug has to do with writes to the hard drive being cached and my programs not allowing enough time for the writes to flush to disk before the file is deleted. Both CleanCache and CleanMOCache overwrite the files properly but the files are deleted prior to the cached writes being written to disk.

Unfortunately I have had to defend myself on some security forums where people feel that I have intentionally mislead users and have effectively created a false product. As I have written in the forums I am deeply offended at such remarks. I would never knowingly have released this feature if I had not had it working on my development system.

I am working hard at correcting this issue and will post new versions for both CleanCache and CleanMOCache once I have secure wiping working 100%.

This being said, if there is any individual who has donated money to CleanCache or CleanMOCache and feel that they have been misled, please email me with your email address that you donated through PayPal and I will refund your donation.

As always, thank you for using my software and thank you for the support.

Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.