Cleanator

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by hogndog, Feb 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hogndog

hogndog Registered Member

I started to write an email and this window pop up a program called cleanator was staring at me. All I wanted to do was get rid of it, but it wouldn't leave.
    Rather that download it I canceled it but it started to run anyway. I rebooted to stop it and it worked. Next day there it was again, so I rebooted
    and it went away. Since that first encounter I ran Spy Sweeper AVG 7.5 Anti-Virus and Microsoft's Malicious Ad-ware programs they all came back clean. In the background I have Spywareblaster but it didn't catch it jump on board. If it happens again what should I do.

Any suggestions, thanks in advance..

hogndog

2. thanatos_theos

thanatos_theos Registered Member

Cleanator is the Windows clone/counterpart of the Mac rogue MacSweeper. Try scanning with the "latest" Kaspersky AVP Tool (BETA). If Kaspersky can't remove it, post a hijackthis log here.

thanatos

Last edited: Feb 12, 2008
  3. hogndog

Thank you I've heard of Kaspersky, it supposed to be very powerful.

Thanks for that quick reply as well

4. hogndog

Time flies, just that my mind isn't fast enough to catch up. As per yesterday, "problem solved" but I hesitated to tell you how. I ran the scans
    with the exception of Kaspersky, at any rate I know the log you said to bring back but I've not done that maneuver before besides didn't need it. I've manuelly gone through all of my files its nowhere to be found, 2 days and a no show, if its alright if this should happen again, I'll come back and ask for some help with that log

Many Thanks,
    hogndog

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.