Clean up problem

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by paradoxno1, Jul 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paradoxno1

paradoxno1 Registered Member

Today i did a deep scan with prevx 3 and it found one infection which was Firefox optimizer said it was malware , so i turned internet off and shut down all security programs and let prevx clean the infection . Prevx said i had to reboot which i did , but during the reboot i had a message come up which said windows loading files , then a big grey box called startup repair which said ..... startup repair is checking your system for problems attempting repairs if problems are found startup repair will fix them automatically . your computer might restart several times during this process this might take several minutes .... well after about 20 minutes it said restart computer to complete repairs . Restarted computer and i believe it was restored to a previous time as a couple of programs i had downloaded earlier in the day were gone . Hope someone can tell me why this happened

2. Retadpuss

Retadpuss Suspended Member

Possibly Prevx has removed something the system required due to a FP. I would make a copy of your Prevx log now (can be found in "tools" / "Save Scan Results"), before doing any more scans and send it to Joe.

Hope this helps,

Puss

3. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

I'm surprised that a program like a Firefox Optimizer could affect the system that significantly, but could you send a scan log like Retadpuss said to report@prevxresearch.com ?hat the problem would be attributed

We'll analyze it from there, but it seems more likely that the issue was caused by the other software which you had installed.

4. paradoxno1

Thanks for your replys sorry i cant send you the scan log you want because as soon as computer restarted i did a new scan to see if system was clean which it was . At the bottom of the scan log where it says Previously Detected Files:There was no mention of firefox optimizer . with the other infections iv always removed myself , one more thing i noticed is at the top of the scan log it says number of scans 241 well only had the program about a month and only scan once or twice a day cant understand why its showing so many scans , do you think it might help if i remove prevx and install it again ?

5. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

That is a surprisingly high number of scans. I'll take a look at our scan counting to see if there is some issue in there.

I think uninstalling/reinstalling is a good idea, but before you do so, could you email/post/PM me the "Previously Detected Files" in the log? That may shed some light on what caused your issues.

Thanks! :)

6. Cretemonster

Cretemonster Registered Member

@paradoxno1

What is the Operating System and Service Pack level?

7. paradoxno1

Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2 32 bit

8. Cretemonster

Thanks, I have experienced a very similar issue but it was some versions back and one service pack back.

Almost identical results as you have described, System Repair performed a silent restore I believe in my case.

9. paradoxno1

Hi Cretemonster did it happen just the once or every time prevx cleaned a infection ?

10. Cretemonster

Only that once, even had Joe in there the next day trying to replicate it but with no luck and your post is the first Ive heard of it again since and its been around 6 months ago that I had my incident.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.