Clean Master for PC

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Osaban, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

I have installed this application on my android smartphone and it did wonders in terms of performance speed, certainly more effective than CCleaner on the same phone. I've just discovered that there is a PC version, which I'm going to try with a virtual system. Has anybody tried it? Is it safe?

http://clean-master-for-pc.en.softonic.com/

2. Hadron

Hadron Registered Member

I don't know anything about it, but here is the official website.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
  3. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

4. trott3r

trott3r Registered Member

isnt clean master on android china based?

5. roger_m

@trott3r Yes, both the Anrdoid and PC versions are published by Kingsoft.

6. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

It does say version 12.1 or am I missing something??

7. roger_m

@bigc73542 Yes, the installer is named "cleanmaster_12_1.exe." But, if you go to About in Clean Master, it says it's version 1.0.

8. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Thanks for the clarification.

9. roger_m

10. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Thanks for the feedback. I'm trying it with Shadow Defender and I can't make up my mind whether to keep it or not. With default settings it cleans the registry of obsolete instances which I have opted not to perform as I believe it is better not mess with it, but otherwise it analysed and cleaned a whopping 1 GB of stuff.

I've had my computer in shadow mode all day to check whether something is amiss due to the clean up and every thing seems okay. I think I'll pass though this time, as I don't want an application with no known reputation on my computer (it however beats CCleaner in downloads).

11. roger_m

@Osaban From my testing, I believe it is safe to use. It really just comes to personal perference if you this of CCleaner as both are good apps.

12. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Yes Roger, it is a matter of personal preference, although my phone a Samsung Galaxy S4 has a reasonable CPU, CCleaner had no effect whatsoever in its performance speed. After installing Clean Master (recommended by my son) speed noticeably improved.

I guess I did not perceive any speed improvement with my notebook has it has a powerful CPU, therefore cleaning unnecessary files wouldn't affect the machine overall performance. Between a strong cleaner and a milder one I'd choose the milder (CCleaner) as there is less of a risk to break anything, at least for my notebook.

The problem with smartphones nowadays is that they have so many applications working in the background, slowing down performance and draining the battery. After uninstalling Facebook's own dedicated application, for example, battery power approximately lasts a good 20-30% longer!

13. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

I was using CM with CCleaner for some time, but I found it to be too aggressive, just like Baidu or 360 cleaner, it can break things.
    I would say Wise Care or Glarysoft Utilities are much more reliable in long term. Kaspersky Cleaner Beta is also worth considering.

14. roger_m

@TairikuOkami I just installed Kaspersky Cleaner, it looks quite good and I may keep it. I aslo grabbed Kasperky Software Updater too, which was listed on the same page.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.