Clean install of Windows 8 in a Toshiba Laptop

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by kupo, Oct 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kupo

kupo Registered Member

I am planning on replacing my current Windows 7 x64 Home Premium with a Windows 8 x64 Pro (I got one for free so I guess I'd take advantage of it.) The thing is I'm using a Toshiba Laptop, I've already backed up my important files and my Steam games. Will Windows automatically download compatible drivers needed in my laptop or do I need to back-up my drivers?

2. Wild Hunter

Wild Hunter Former Poster

3. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

not necessarily for laptops

yes, major components HAVE drivers natively in Windows 8 but little accessories for example like my FN buttons don't work with Windows 8 so you will have to wait for your laptop manufacturer to release Windows 8 drivers.

I have a 15 USD Windows 8 license which I bought for cheap via the MS upgrade program. But I am planning to install Windows 8 after all major apps have been upgraded to be compatible with Windows 8 and there are drivers

4. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Windows 7 is damn near perfect for me so im not bothering with windows 8 at all.I dont like the metro look of it .:thumbd: :ninja:

5. ComputerSaysNo

ComputerSaysNo Registered Member

Just go to Toshibas website and download the drivers for your laptop model before installing Win8.

6. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

If you have the toshiba tempro service it will find the recommended drivers for you.
    If i need to update drivers myself i use drivermax.:thumb:

7. kupo

kupo Registered Member

Thanks for the answers, I obtained my Windows 8 Pro through Dreamspark, (:D Being a student is great, lol). I still have up to 2014, I'll wait if Sandboxie x64 of Windows 8 will have the same protection in Windows 7 x64.

8. nosirrah

nosirrah Malware Fighter

I you can afford the cost a new drive you can eliminate all potential problems. If anything goes wrong or you want to revert back to windows 7 you can just switch back to the old drive. Worst case scenario you have a backup of absolutely everything from your old install. Stick that drive in an external enclosure and use it as a backup drive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.