Cisco VPN through PC with shared internet doesn't work through ESET firewall

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by cervicek, Feb 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cervicek

cervicek Registered Member

Hi All,
    I have a PC (connectec to web) with ESET Smart Security trial installed in interractive mode and enabled sharing of internet connection in Windows XP. When I connect my laptop to this PC using LAN, I can use PC's internet connection but I can't use VPN Cisco client because ESET firewall blocks it. It doesn't ask me to allow this connection - when I disable firewall it starts to work immediately. I've tried to change many settings and rules to allow it... no success. Does anybody know what to allow and how to do that ? Or just ESET doesn't allow this connection in any way ?

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Can you tell us which version of ESET Smart Security is installed on the computer?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. cervicek

Hi, thanks for reply... I have installed version 3.0.642.0.

4. cervicek

Could please somebody help ? How to set firewall to allow this connection ? I need to fix it during trial period to decide if it's a good solution for me...

5. cervicek

OK... I'm going to buy Kaspersky... seems to be much better solution in this case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.