CIS with SDefender or Returnil - GET ALONG?

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by javahole, Dec 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. javahole

javahole Registered Member

I'm now thinking of ditching my very reliable Avira free AV in favour of a more prevention type set up what with the Java exploit problems.

Does anyone out there know if any of these 2 combinations are compatible with Comodo CIS free ? eg anybody out there using ? From what i've read with comodo's HIPS i can order its sandbox to always treat java.exe as untrusted. Online Armour looked good to me , but abit too pop uppy when trying to run legit software from what i saw at least, and i believe the free version doesnt protect the registry - unlike CIS.

I've read that the AV side of CIS aint all that great, so would/should i need a back up AV/scan and any recommendations ? (would Malwarebytes be enough?). I'm thinking with SD or Returnil , your running AV doesnt need to be that great as its all gone after a reboot anyway, but i'm thinking i still need something to stop viruses/keyloggers etc calling home whilst in the VM ?

Cheers

2. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Comodo firewall, Shadow Defender, Avast free. Then add EMET, Hitman pro for daily scans and Norton DNS. Set comodo to proactive security and put D+ in paranoid mode. Comodo and EMET should be enough to block just about most if not all java exploits. Comodo firewall has the built in cloud scanner and Avast has a great detection rate as well. You also get a very light setup.

3. CyberMan969

CyberMan969 Registered Member

I also use SD, Comodo Firewall and Avast together along with Rollback RX snapshoting. Good combo. I also added MBAM, KeyScrambler and Sandboxie.

4. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

A few months ago, Ι used CIS with SD without a problem...:cool:

5. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

Now I'm using CIS 6 with SD for a fortnight no issues yet. The same was about a couple of years ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.