CIS with SDefender or Returnil - GET ALONG?

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by javahole, Dec 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. javahole

javahole Registered Member

I'm now thinking of ditching my very reliable Avira free AV in favour of a more prevention type set up what with the Java exploit problems.

Does anyone out there know if any of these 2 combinations are compatible with Comodo CIS free ? eg anybody out there using ? From what i've read with comodo's HIPS i can order its sandbox to always treat java.exe as untrusted. Online Armour looked good to me , but abit too pop uppy when trying to run legit software from what i saw at least, and i believe the free version doesnt protect the registry - unlike CIS.

I've read that the AV side of CIS aint all that great, so would/should i need a back up AV/scan and any recommendations ? (would Malwarebytes be enough?). I'm thinking with SD or Returnil , your running AV doesnt need to be that great as its all gone after a reboot anyway, but i'm thinking i still need something to stop viruses/keyloggers etc calling home whilst in the VM ?

Cheers

2. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Comodo firewall, Shadow Defender, Avast free. Then add EMET, Hitman pro for daily scans and Norton DNS. Set comodo to proactive security and put D+ in paranoid mode. Comodo and EMET should be enough to block just about most if not all java exploits. Comodo firewall has the built in cloud scanner and Avast has a great detection rate as well. You also get a very light setup.

3. CyberMan969

CyberMan969 Registered Member

I also use SD, Comodo Firewall and Avast together along with Rollback RX snapshoting. Good combo. I also added MBAM, KeyScrambler and Sandboxie.

4. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

A few months ago, Ι used CIS with SD without a problem...:cool:

5. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

Now I'm using CIS 6 with SD for a fortnight no issues yet. The same was about a couple of years ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.