CIS v 4.1.150349.920 Released

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by andyman35, Jun 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

Just updated today.
    No changelog as yet however the SandboxIE incompatibility has been fixed.

2. burebista

burebista Registered Member

3. aigle

aigle Registered Member

They never give us a break of few months.

4. Yeah... they work there ~ Snipped as per TOS ~ lol ;) (non sarcastic)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2010
  5. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

Got the same problems as before after using this version for a while. After starting programs once, or more like running a boot for a while, they won't start again. As long as I keep my software running, I've no problems. When this symptom has started, I can't open any files, any programs, or view Add/Remove Programs for example to get rid of CIS (make my system function again). That requires a reboot and immediate action from me.

EDIT: Something which haven't happened in previous builds... now that I got the symptoms and start Add/Remove Programs, I get an error window which says this:

Error loading C:\WINDOWS\system32\shell32.dll

Access is denied.

The window title is "RUNDLL".

Now, I happen to have modified system-files, to make my OS look like Mac OS X Leopard. Might the modified system-files be something that CIS silently gets alerted on and as a result blocks pretty much anything from operating? I think we need a developer in here...

BTW, in previous builds I could start Add/Remove Programs, view the list, but not execute any uninstallation file as they're executables.

For the time that I didn't notice the for me well-known problems I noticed that CIS is producing a big load of pop-ups, both from the FW and D+, as if the software didn't have any white-list at all. That's the reason I disabled those features in the previous v4 builds and only used the Sandbox, but I wanted to give D+ in particular another chance now that I tested again to see if they finally got their database in good shape - guess they didn't - and I who was hoping I'd be able to be protected against all sorts of logging without being bombarded by pop-ups...

6. burebista

burebista Registered Member

Sorry man, something is wrong on your side. I'm running latest CIS at home on Seven x64 and at work on XP x32 SP3 and I don't have any issues or unnecessary popups.
    Proactive, FW and D+ Safe Mode and Sandbox enabled.
    Maybe you're right and this is the culprit

7. raven211

Testing around with a Windows 7 Transformation Pack SINCE now I can test how CIS reacts when I tell it to trust the pack, even if it (obviously) didn't recognize this pack, which is dated nov 2009 BTW. Now when running with this pack, trusting it with CIS as said, it still doesn't recognize ANY software from what I've noticed. It doesn't recognize MS Paint! :mad:

EDIT: I recall having these problems on other installations (reformats) of Windows too - I got no idea what's going on since other security software is acting weird too, but I'm pretty tired of not being able to feel secure because the security software I wanna use doesn't want to work.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
  8. guest

guest Guest

I have not experienced any of the issues that you mention but I am sure that in comodo forums will provide you a better help than here.

9. raven211

I know, but just to make this clear again for all of you: I'm not gonna register at their forums as I would not be active there. I won't register at a place where I won't be active. Wilders is enough for me. End of story.

10. timestand

timestand Former Poster

If every feel like you with sandboxie, tzuk will be out business ok? common sense tell us get more support if post on developer forum. Ok?

11. raven211

Is this getting into a moral discussion? I'm sorry, but I can't take your post personal and don't want to either. Bye

12. ace55

ace55 Registered Member

Expecting security software to work properly when you have performed any such modifications is unrealistic.

13. raven211

Well why now if it's not happened before and I've modified my system for at least half a year while using the same security software?

14. andyman35

I moderate over there so if you like I'll pass on your problems to the forum.

15. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

Raven, I had this problem a long time ago with Comodo FW 3..... It also taxed the CPU like mad. It had to do with something called BricoPack. This changes system files to make your old OS look like a Mac or Win7 etc.... I never had a resolution to this and subsequently left Comodo for some other FW/Hips at the time. However, on my Win7 64 OS I have it running perfectly but with no BricoPack installed.

Ice

16. guest

guest Guest

Then unistall comodo and try with another software because as you can see we can not help you here with this specific issues. End of story.

17. raven211

Yep, your comment is offensive IMO, but thanks to IceCube (thank you), it's confirmed that it's related to modified system-files in some way at least. Luckily I've been able to accept the Classic look by now and hence my system will run super-fast at all times, and even more so when I finally got the money to rebuild my system and throw out the corrupted garbage. Right now my system, which was built for gaming, is only able to run with 1GB of RAM for various reasons.

FYI I wouldn't even be writing here if things weren't weird; see my post right before this one. I always go on logic, and since this goes against it, I'm writing.

EDIT: Andyman, thanks for your offering. You can simply report that CIS gets serious problems when the system-files are modified to provide a different UI.

Here are some that comes to mind:

Different Brico Packs. Search for Brico Pack on Google and the first site you'll see is CrystalXP.

I'm using a Brico Pack called Leopard XP. It can be found on this link: http://leopardxp.en.softonic.com/

FlyakiteOSX - this is the one I used first and one which I still combine when making my Windows look like a Mac. I combine it with Leopard XP.

Seven Transformation Pack - from Windows X Live. Homepage: http://www.windowsxlive.net/

Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
  18. andyman35

Yeah they have some pretty cool looking themes at Bricopack.I'll pass on your issue and post back if there's a response/workaround.

19. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

If it may be useful, I've used all CIS versions with Brico Packs of CrystalXP for two years without any problems.

20. buckslayr

buckslayr Registered Member

I'm really liking this new version. I've been away from CIS for quite a while. Couldn't take all the pop ups. That seems to be a thing of the past. Also runs light and fast. I think I finally have a keeper. Good job Comodo.

21. pabrate

pabrate Registered Member

Great video , featuring Melih :)

Comodo CEO Melih Abdulhayoglu explains the technology behind Comodo Internet Security. Learn what makes Comodo’s Default Deny Technology™ superior to legacy antivirus.

-http://www.comodo.tv/home-computing/what-makes-comodos-technology-superior/-

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2010
  22. raven211

Impressive skills at presenting - kudos for that. :thumb:

23. pabrate

Yep, Interesting fellow :shifty:

Judging by his look & behaviour , I wouldn't say he's malicious or to be someone who means harm to people that are using his products :D
    I really don't know about other Comodo products , but for a free one CIS is pretty good and it's going in right direction to be even better :thumb:

24. tgell

tgell Registered Member

Wonder if all the walls at Comodo are that lovely red. :D

25. pabrate

I found this theme , like it very much :)
    Here are some screens :

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.