CIS + Mamutu?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by firzen771, Jan 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

well ive got Avira PE Premium and CIS (AV not installed) and Mamutu running atm. im pretty satisfied with the new CIS Beta and was just wondering if running Mamutu was really necessary anymore now that i have CIS? wouldn't CIS cover everything that Mamutu does? feedback plz

2. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

Since you are a technically minded user who understands what the D+ popups mean then I'd say that Mamutu isn't strictly necessary.However there's no detrimental effect to running both and Mamutu does act as a safety net in the event of a wrong choice within the D+ prompts.As to coverage D+ extends to just about everything so it certainly covers the stuff Mamutu does,just in a different way.As a matter of fact I'm running the same combo as yourself on this pc and the thing with me is although I don't need all the security,I find it fun to tweak settings and generally play with security apps.

*Note to self,need to get out more*

Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  3. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

Quote, I do the same on a pc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.