CIS 3.9 Beta - Automatic Quarantine default?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by raven211, Apr 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

Hi there! Even as an advanced user, I like seemless malware protection, which to me is unintrusive and automatic. For me it's not a question if malware on your PC, atleast known to be malware and not proactively detected, should be automatically taken care of. Why would anyone want the question "do you want malware left on your PC?", incase it doesn't affect anything else and it's a 100% positive detection? I don't really see that question without the definitive answer "noone wants that", simply because FPs, to take a great example, is something which is not acceptable atleast in final versions of products.

So, to the point... refering to what I said above, I'm wondering if the new beta of CIS, with its always improving AV protection, features the Automatic Quarantine feature being enabled by default?

I'm wondering this because, even if not using it before, the whole software is supposed to have gone quieter, it's free, and as always I'm planning to complement its security and have thought through a setup that I wanna test.

2. raven211

Didn't catch an answer to my post (no offence :D). I know it incl. the OPTION to fix threats automatically (automatical quarantine), but what I wondered was if this option is ON by DEFAULT in the newest beta, refering to my reasoning first in my first post. If that was what you meant, that it's, I'm sorry for not understanding that. :rolleyes: ;)

Cheers! :)

3. raven211

Okay. Ofc that's bad IMO, cause I'm pretty sure that option is for when CIS (CAV) is detecting known malware, right? Where's the reason to not have this on by default? That heuristical detection would use that option as well?

4. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Thats not good thing to do considering the number of false positives they generate.

5. raven211

Okay, so there we've a reason for the beta version. Does the stable version with AV set to automatic work, or does COMODO produce a lot of FPs overall?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.