Circumventing image password protection

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Just a passer by, Aug 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello,

I created a set of 650mb blocks of my C: partition and password-protected it. Now, when I try to restore my system the password for the images is not recognized - it might be that I am using an incorrect one, or there maybe some other reason, anyway, is there anyway to bypass the password protection for the image files? I'd hate to build my system from scratch again!

Thanks a lot!

2. Devinco

Devinco Registered Member

I know this is obvious (sorry), but are you sure you entered the password correctly? Is Caps Lock activated on the keyboard? That can cause the easiest passwords to be mistyped.

3. Yes, I tried everything.
    Can the problem be caused by the fact that I access the image files over the LAN?

Thanks a lot!

4. Devinco

Devinco Registered Member

Well I don't have ATI so I can't say.
    I have read other posts where users had issues accessing LAN drives, so it might have something to do with it.
    You need an ATI expert.

Calling all ATI Experts....Your help is needed!!

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

There is no way to bypass the image protection.
    The problem cannot be caused by the fact that the image files are accessed over the LAN.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.