CIA wrote code to impersonate Kaspersky Labs: Wikileaks

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by hawki, Nov 9, 2017.

1. hawki

hawki Registered Member

2. DOSawaits

DOSawaits Registered Member

Doesn't surprise me in the least. Kaspersky is one of a very few malware companies that openly states its products will never treat regular- and government written malware differently.

3. james246

james246 Registered Member

"Assistant Secretary for Cybersecurity at the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Jeanette Manfra told Congress on Tuesday that there is no “conclusive evidence” to support claims the antivirus developer has been involved in cyber-spying. Kaspersky Lab denies the allegations, stressing that it has never assisted any government with cyber-espionage efforts".

I have no doubt that Eastern and Western Intelligence Services are very good at cyber-spying and practice it regularly , but from the above statement by the Department of Homeland Security it looks that Kaspersky Labs are innocent.
    The leaks about a CIA tool that impersonates Kaspersky have to the best of my knowledge not been denied.
    It will be interesting to see if the Kaspersky story ends up in a court of law.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.