CHX-I v.3.0 - any news?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by halcyon, Jun 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halcyon

halcyon Registered Member

Some time ago a representative from Idrci told here that v.3.0 of their packet filter was coming along nicely and could be out in a few weeks.

Well, it's not out, but I'm still interested.

Does anybody know what the plans are?

Has CHX-I packet filter 3.0 as a separate product been axed?

Or is it coming later on (when)?

Any news on new features?

Thanks!

2. Jazzie1

Jazzie1 Registered Member

Hi halcyon! As far as I know, CHX-I 3-0 is still in the beta stage. If you would like to try it out, I am sure Stefan would be more than happy to help you out on that: support@idrci.net

I haven't heard from Stefan in a while, so I can't tell you when it is due for release. Has some new features, such as ARP and MAC control, plus other enhancements...

Regards,
    Jazzie

3. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I believe it is still in beta now, as Jazzie mentions. I also heard that there may be a possible addition of something like an IPS, which would certainly be very interesting.. The beta 3 is very nice and so far bug free.. Perhaps Stefan will comment if he sees this thread...

4. Stefan_R

Stefan_R Registered Member

You are correct (except for the bug free part.... ;) ). CHX is still in beta until we reach a 2.x quality with the new drivers.
    Until then - those who are interested in having a run at the beta can send an email to support.

Best Regards,

Stefan.

5. Arup

Arup Guest

Will be waiting for it, currently using CHX 2 and am quite happy with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.