chx-i and connecting to servers

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by theshadow247, Jul 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theshadow247

theshadow247 Registered Member

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 6, 2005
  2. Jazzie1

Jazzie1 Registered Member

TheShadow-

We need more info. You can export your rules into text format. Then post them in a new message to see what the problem is. Are you behind a router? Do you need DHCP? what rule filter are you using, the ones from Treewalk or from IDRCI??

regards
    Jazzie

3. theshadow247

ok.Jazzie1.here are my rules.wich are 2.6 filter and bind pf filters.and no iam not behind a router.

Attached Files:

4. Jazzie1

From what I could tell there is no Outbound rule for Edonkey (KaZaaLite) lite. Which another person had the same problem:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=87307

Since Edonkey.lite wants server access (OUCH!) you have to make inbound and outbound rules for for the TCP/UDP ports at hand. You can tell by your logs which the packets are being rejected, due to no specific rule...

Regards
    Jazzie

5. theshadow247

after making the outbound rules there is no diffrence at all.iam using normal edonkey (not lite).iam using tcp.10300.ucp.10301 because
    of the other thread that showes those ports.i tryed my ports that i use all the time.tcp3662.udp.8612.with the same out come.here is my current rule set.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 7, 2005
  6. theshadow247

here is a screen shot of my rule set up window.and the udp rule is set the same way.

Attached Files:

7. Jazzie1

theshadow-

I thought since you used those ports in question, that you were using the '.LITE' version of Edonkey. I tested the .lite version to help someone here on the forum and quickly took it off. I was able to connect using inbound and outbound rules (plus the bit torrent plug-in rules for it's ports) But, like I said it wanted access to, too many ports. I use MIRC with ZIRc script, so I can't help you too much with Edonkey. Maybe someone else can 'pick up the ball' so to speak. I hope you get it sorted out. Seems like an ongoing problem here with people who use Edonkey/Edonkey.lite...

Regards
    Jazzie

Last edited: Jul 8, 2005
  8. theshadow247

hi.Jazzie1.it seems that your right about edonkey having problems with connecting.at least you tryed thanks alot for all your help..

9. Jazzie1

NO worries! Just wish we could of gotten it sorted out! I know Bittorent and IRC work like a charm! Especially XDCC rules for IRC. I love one to one connections. Easier to keep your eye on!!!

Regards
    Jazzie

10. Arup

Arup Guest

Speaking of Bit Torrent, there is a technical preview of Opera 8.02 with bit torrent incorporated, would be interesting to see the results with CHX.

11. Jazzie1

Hi Arup!

Interesting indeed. Just strange that Opera would go that route. Especially being one of the best, 'well patched browser'!!! Kind of opens up things (holes) so to speak.....

Regards
    Jazzie

12. Arup

Arup Guest

Exactly my thoughts Jazzie, I am sure folks at Opera know what they are doing, they have released it as a tech upgrade and not a beta or a final release, probably to gauge some feedback.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.