Chromium & vB PW saving

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by elapsed, May 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

So following my usual inability to stay with 1 browser, I'm now onto the new beta of the Iron v5 browser. Unfortunately (and I remember this being an issue in firefox too actually, had to type "f" to my details to auto fill) it doesn't seem to want to save the username/password for vBulletin based forums, or at least doesn't give me the usual popup after logging in.

Anyone know what the secret is?

2. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

It should work. Doesn't look like Chrome issue if you had the same w/ FF as well. Actually, the problem may be that you have multiple values stored for the same login form. Anyway, using LastPass extension right now, so can't really check.

3. elapsed

Nah it's not machine related if that's what you're thinking(tried various machines/OS's, admittedly with firefox not Iron), I was just noting a weird coincidence.

The difference is firefox asks you to save the password, but Iron doesn't appear to be, on a fresh install (no previous passwords).

I simply type in my details and hit login and the "dropdown" bar doesn't appear like it does for other sites.

4. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Can't reproduce, maybe you should just wipe all the history/passwords whatnot and see if it fixes that. That said, the 5.0.380 build is messed up.

5. elapsed

Bah, I'll wait and see what the next build is like. Thanks for your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.