Chromeplus questions

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by roark37, Aug 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roark37

roark37 Registered Member

Hi,

Does anyone know if extensions for Chrome also install and work fine in Chromeplus? Also, for those that use Chromeplus does it uninstall easily and completely? I ask as I have read that uninstalling Google Chrome can be difficult and leaves stuff behind. That is why I am looking to try Chromeplus instead and it says on their website that it does not touch the registry(I think). And does the latest version of Chromeplus come with flash like Google Chrome? I did not think it did yet but I was not sure. Lastly for those that have tried or use Chromeplus, would you recommend it?

I hope it is not a problem but I made a very similar post in the Chrome Extensions thread but that thread is really long so I was afraid it may get buried and I was looking for advice before I install it.

Thank you.

roark

2. CiX

CiX Registered Member

Yes
    Yes
    No idea
    ChromePlus crashes a lot :(

3. roark37

roark37 Registered Member

I ended up installing Chromeplus roughly two weeks ago and so far I really like it. I find it much faster on my system than any other browser I have used and I have not had even one crash as of yet. I do have a couple of comments and questions though:

The latest Chromeplus that I installed does come with flash and even better it seems that incognito mode does prevent flash cookies. I was not sure if it would as I thought I read somewhere that this did not work yet but from what I have seen no flash cookies in that mode so another plus.

I notice though that even though I turned off autoupdate that roughly every 5 or 6 surfing sessions that after I am browsing for say 5 or 10 minutes I get prompted by my firewall that chrome.exe is trying to access the internet. Do you know why and what it needs to do that for with autoupdate off?

Also I checked do not allow any site to track my location but I still seem to see ads that can tell roughly where I am. I assume this is from the ip address but isn't that what the geolocation feature is supposed to prevent or am I misunderstading that?

Thank you.

roark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.