[Chrome Web Store] Youtube Downloader

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by m00nbl00d, Jun 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

So, I came across this extension that allows downloading videos from Youtube. I thought it was forbidden to host such extensions at Chrome Web Store. I remember all that made it there, at some point were removed.

The funny thing is, apparently it's from youtube.com, but not verified as coming from it, though.

-https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/hokfcbmfpgeajcgkaeigohghnkhjmcbj

So, either it's from Google... or someone managed to get an extension there, and pretending to come from Youtube.com. :blink:

Knowing Google... I don't think they would make an extension themeselves, considering they never allowed others to host this kind of extension. I wonder... :argh:

But, if it's not from Google, then this brings back an old question: Is there really any decent vetting process in what comes to Chrome extensions?

I know that Google recently started blocking installation of extensions outside of Chrome Web Store, but that doesn't necessarily mean there's any decent vetting process against the extensions that are hosted at Chrome Web Store.

So, do you think it's from Google? :D :D

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.