Chrome vs Vivaldi - Raw elements

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Mrkvonic, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Let's expand on what we did with the Firefox family of browsers. Here's a review and comparison of Google Chrome and Vivaldi, covering look & feel, extensions, performance, and other aspects of desktop usage. Enjoy.

https://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/chrome-vivaldi.html

Cheers,
    Mrk

2. Beyonder

Beyonder Registered Member

Stick to Chrome, what a surprise.

3. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

surprise? that test is another pointless one on dedoimedo. it is biased and superficial, no more.
    chrome as sneakest choice? too simple.

4. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

I first used Vivaldi on Ubuntu three years ago, it seemed as responsive as Chrome I thought. On Win 7 it seems more responsive than Chrome to me now.

Of course, the fastest Chromium based browser of all time is still probably SRWare Iron. ;)

5. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Actually, I think your comment is pointless, of course people will have different opinions. But to me Vivaldi is the clear winner, perhaps Chrome is a bit snappier, but both have ridiculous high RAM usage. To me, features and customization are one of the most important things, and crappy Chrome is no competition for Vivaldi when it comes to this.

6. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

some cannot compare browser by UI - and this way happend - you'd better investigate to handle your firefox.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.