Chrome to Add HTTP Cache Partitioning to Block Attacks, Tracking

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Minimalist, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

2. summerheat

summerheat Registered Member

If I understand this correctly, something similar has been available for Firefox for a long time - even in 2 variants:

1. First-Party Isolation
    2. Containers
    By installing the Temporary Containers add-on you can open each domain in its own container which is deleted after a couple of minutes. Both (temporary) containers and First-Party Isolation can be used in combination.

3. Minimalist

Yes, it seems similar to me. Do you use any of those option? If you do, do they tend to cause any problems?

4. summerheat

I use both. And no, normally they don't cause problems.

Regarding FPI: I suggest to install the First Party Isolation add-on. Technically, it's not necessary as you can enable FPI in about:config. But with that add-on you can temporarily disable FPI with one click if it should really cause problems on specific sites.

Reagrding TC: It has many options in its settings and one should really read its wiki. For example, if you have specific sites for which you allow permanent cookies for automatic login, you should load them in the Multi-Account Containers add-on. How to handle this with TC you should read this and this.

5. Minimalist

Thank you @summerheat, will test both and see how it goes :thumb:

6. summerheat

You're welcome! I forgot to add that you should read this good introductory article by the TC author.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.