Chrome - need extension to manage history/settings

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by mattdocs12345, Apr 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

I honestly can't understand why there's a History Eraser app too, they really aren't clarifying this very well at all. All I want is my cache cleared on enter or exit, would think that would be a simple request. I think I'll have to look into learning and making my own.

2. ArchiveX

ArchiveX Registered Member

+1! :thumb:

3. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

That's nice trick. Thanks. I've added it to my bookmark bar and I like to use it that way.

4. Serge1

Serge1 Registered Member

5. elapsed

6. Wroll

Wroll Registered Member

I'm curious why nobody else made such extension.

7. Serge1

Serge1 Registered Member

Because Google is ending support for NPAPI plugins at the end of this year. But you can always install Click&Clean from the official website http://www.hotcleaner.com/clickclean_chrome.html
    or from Chrome Web Store https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/clickclean/ghgabhipcejejjmhhchfonmamedcbeod

We are currently working on it.

Try to select "Close all tabs before cleaning" and "Close Chrome after cleaning" options in the Advanced section, then click "Run Eraser".

history-eraser.png

8. elapsed

That's what I'm doing now. What I want is it to clean when I close Chrome without opening the extension. If that's not possible, do it when I open Chrome and the extension loads.

Basically I want it to be automatic.

9. elapsed

I have now uninstalled the pointless "History Eraser" extension and I am using this method:

Thank you moontan. Unfortunately it was utterly pointless for me to have an addon that required 2 clicks to reset my history when I could just do it myself in 2 clicks using a bookmark. When I have time, or become annoyed enough, I'll look into automating it myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.