Chrome for Business - any security tips?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by erim, Apr 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erim

erim Registered Member

I'll be installing Chrome for Business for some local home users with a limited user account.
    I can do stuff like whitelist extensions through Group policy, which is great.

I'm not very familiar with Chrome, so I'm looking for any additional security tips to make it safe for users who don't know what they're doing (besides just the obvious settings that are visible from the main GUI).
    For example, I heard about some NaCL apps and some remote desktop functionality (?)... anything I should know? Is this stuff enabled by default?

2. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

What's the difference between standard Chrome and Chrome for business? Can those templates be used on standard Chrome installation?

hqsec

3. erim

erim Registered Member

Thanks for that PDF, Windows_Security!

@hqsec: Hmm, after a quick test I don't know if there is a substantial difference anymore, besides the corporate-friendly MSI installer. It used to be that regular Chrome would install in the Users folder, but now it seems to install inside Program Files, just like the "for Business" version. Also, the Group Policy templates do work with regular Chrome.
    But I'll leave a chance that there's something left over from my "for Business" installation of Chrome which is making it behave differently.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.