Chrome apparmor profile for 64bit Cinnamon 12.04

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Trespasser, Nov 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trespasser

Trespasser Registered Member

Hi,
    For the past few days I've been trying to come up with a Chrome apparmor profile that works for me. I've got one that does fairly well but when I try to access Chrome Preferences it closes all of a sudden. Does anyone have a Chrome 64 bit profile that's presently working under Cinnamon DE 12.04 that they're willing to share? I don't use java or anything like that. I've Googled on the subject until my eyes are sore...;).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Later...

Bob

2. wat0114

wat0114 Registered Member

I'm using x64 Linux lite with Chrome apparmored. I guess you must mean Settings instead of Preferences??

Also, did you try putting Chrome to "Complain" mode (eg: sudo aa-complain /etc/apparmor.d/opt.google*), then exercise the functions that were not working, then run sudo aa-logprof...this should check the location: /var/log/syslog for the errors and allow you to create the necessary rules, after which you put it back to enforce: sudo aa-enforce /etc/apparmor.d/opt.google*...

Borrowing another's profile tends to introduce incompatibilities in a different environment.

3. tlu

tlu Guest

I second what wat0114 wrote. Nevertheless you might want to try, e.g., the profile which Hungry Man once wrote and add the necessary rules with aa-logprof by keeping it in the complain mode for a while.

4. Trespasser

Trespasser Registered Member

Thanks to both of you for your suggestions. I appreciate it.

I was able to finally figure out how to get everything working as it should on my 32 bit pae laptop. Chrome Settings now opens without crashing. And my extensions appear to be functioning properly. Now to adapt it to work with our 64 bit Desktop running Cinnamon DE and Chrome.

Thanks again.

Later...

Bob

5. wat0114

wat0114 Registered Member

Good news :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.