Chrome 9 sandboxing

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by emmjay, Jan 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emmjay

emmjay Registered Member

I have only been using SBIE for a short period of time, so I am definitely a newbie when it comes to understanding the complexities of compatibility. I am also new to Chrome.

I have read on this site that Chrome 9 may have some sand-boxing capability. Will this interfere with Sandboxie? As a novice, I am tempted to take Chrome off the protected browser list when the upgrade is ready for download, then browse with FF until I see some feedback from the SBIE experienced users on this site. My usual way of dealing with stuff I know very little about (delay, research, then plunge right on in).

What is the best Chrome Forum to check out? I already check out SBIE every now and again.

2. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

No problem running Chrome in Sandboxie at all. While some may argue it isn't necessary, I find it very convenient and the overhead, if any, is imperceptible.

There was a problem when Flash was sandboxed but I posted in the Sandboxie forum and the problem has been fixed in 3.51.9 beta. I think Tzur is all set to release the stable in a few days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.