Chopped-off Text

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by NormanS, Nov 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NormanS

NormanS Registered Member

Some text in AppDefend's pane titled "Application Information" (the right pane) has leading characters chopped-off; this occurs with the line that reads "Command Line" and again with the line that reads "Process modification". In both instances, the leading character is partially or completely chopped-off.
    There seems to be no way to shrink the left pane to prevent this. Also, screen resolution does not affect this issue.
    Is there a solution?

2. gottadoit

gottadoit Security Expert

NormanS,
    I don't see that behaviour on mine, I know that doesn't really help you resolve your problem but at least you know that it doesn't happen everywhere

3. SYS 64738

SYS 64738 Registered Member

4. NormanS

NormanS Registered Member

SYS 64738,
    You hit the nail on the head! I changed my settings to "small fonts" to test your hypothesis, and... VOILÁ, the chopped text problem vanished. I have since changed my font setting back to "large fonts", because the cure is worse than the disease.

I hope Jason reformats AppDefend's display, for I suspect most of his customers use large fonts as you and I do; when you run at resolutions of 1280×1024 (my settings) and higher, large fonts are most desirable.

5. gottadoit

gottadoit Security Expert

At least that makes it easier for Jason to see and fix the problem

For what its worth I also run at 1280x1024 but with normal fonts, amongst other things it does deter (most) people from trying to read over your shoulder

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.