Choices, Choices, which to Use

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by DVD+R, Feb 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Well I have a Bloody Headache now o_O After first using NOD32 and SpySweeper on XP, I migrated across to Vista Ultimate, and tried.......Kaspersky AV 6.0.2 with SpySweeper on Vista, (Spy Sweeper froze while scanning, as did it with Kaspersky IS 6.0.2, So I switched to Norton IS 2007, but it was real slow browsing while it was scanning, Spy Sweeper played nice with it. Then I tried Panda AV 2007 Vista Compatible, it was good, but gave no option to schedule scans, Spy Sweeper plyed nice with this too. Then I threw out Spy Sweeper and Installed Counterspy 2.1 With Kaspersky, Counterspy wouldnt Arm the Self Protection on startup, I had to do it manually :blink: So I threw that out too, then threw out Kaspersky (Again) Then I tried Avast Pro Vista Compatible, that was good, but confusing,and no scheduler either. So after much ado about nothing, I went back to the Original NOD32 with SpySweeper, When SpySweeper expires, I'll try NOD with Counterspy 2 and see if it'll Startup right with this combo.

2. Old Monk

Old Monk Registered Member

Just read your post and now I've got one ! :D

You say you went from NOD and Spysweeper on XP and then all round the houses to come back to that combo. Are you saying that combo is not working right for you on Vista ?

Is it running better than the other combo's you tried. If so why not just stick with it ?

3. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

I'm back with NOD & Spy Sweeper, and I'm sticking with it. It all started because the New ATI Catalyst Control Center wont load into my taskbar with Spy Sweeper installed while running vista, and All the other Combos allowed it to load, but in the end I thought To Hell with It! the screens only like 1% brighter or maybe 2% without the Control Center loaded into the taskbar ,as long as the Graphics work, I'm going to put up with it. Sometimes I'm too damn choosy :p

4. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Who would have guessed?

You mean not even Vista is immune to the Norton's lack of a diet?

If Vista is that shortcoming when it comes to AV's then it's users really are in for a rough ride with it.

Thanks for the info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.