Chipset Support & Boot CD.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by CAMS, Oct 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CAMS

CAMS Registered Member

Can Acronis Support confirm if there boot CD or safe version boot CD support these chipsets, and does it also support them in RAID0.

Via VT8237.
    Promise 20378, I believe safe version CD may work.

I really want to back up my OS but whats the point when you cant restore it.

2. spog

spog Registered Member

The last version of TI that worked properly with the Via 8237 was TI7 build 613. I have not tried the latest build. I should have asked for my money back when I had the chance. I made a mistake thinking that Acronis would fix this quickly.
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=43142

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello CAMS and spog,

There are two versions of Acronis bootable rescue media: the full version and the safe version. They can be written to a CD-R/RW disc or a set of floppy discs (any other bootable media is not officially supported yet). The entegrity of the bootable rescue media doesn't depend on the computer hardware.

The full version.
    This version is based on Linux and uses linux drivers for all devices installed on the computer.

The safe version.
    This version is based on DOS operating system and uses BIOS in order to operate with all hardware devices. Consequently, this version doesn't support USB, Firewire and SCSI devices (they are not detected by BIOS). Also there is no network support in this version of Acronis bootable rescue media.

It is highly recommended to use the full version of Acronis bootable rescue media. Only if it doesn't work and you have contacted support@acronis.com and we have been unable to resolve the problem with the full version it is recommended to try the safe version (only in some particular cases).

Promise 20378 - full support in the full version of Acronis bootable rescue media.
    VIA VT8237 - we chould support this controller. I have contacted our linux developer and as soon as he answers me I will clarify the situation.

Hopefully informed you well.

Thank you.

P.S. Dear spog, I'm monitoring this forum only for two weeks now... I have read the thread #43142. Can you please tell me if you have contacted support@acronis.com regarding this problem? Please let me know your email address and I will try to sort the things out.

--
    Best regards,
    Andrew Berezovsky

4. CAMS

CAMS Registered Member

Thats for the link, unfortunetly nobody was using RAID0, looks like I will become a beta tester.

I believe ghost9 and using F6 to load the drivers will work only problem is it only lets you load one driver. Asus A8V has Via & Promise sata controlers so you cant restore an image from one to the other. I guess I could burn it to a DVD and restore it from that.

Its 2004, why is this so difficult?

5. CAMS

CAMS Registered Member

Thanks, I shall try it out this weekend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.