Chinese Spy Network?

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by rlong, Mar 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rlong

rlong Registered Member

2. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

That's been happening for years with them, and, with the current aggression China has been showing as a country, it's even less shocking. Every country that is technologically capable of it does this, even countries that are friendly towards each other spy on each other. That's the whole point of intelligence, to stay a step or two ahead of the rest.

3. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Anyone who uses software that originates in China is being monitored every time they use the product. They want to find our weaknesses. Just kidding! :D

4. rlong

rlong Registered Member

I'm sure they all engage in intelligence efforts and maybe some attempt it in this league but I doubt many achieve this level of penetration.

5. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Lol, sadly some would believe that....as their "Made in the good 'ol US of A" software reports their keystrokes back to some 15 year old kid in mommy and daddies basement "roflcopter'ing" to his buddies in MySpace messenger that he's pwning someone....Omg, LOL, I am teh leetest!......feel free to grab your favorite painkiller after reading that.

6. ghodgson

ghodgson Registered Member

old news.

7. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

True. Some years ago, I bought a brand new name brand computer, sealed in its box, never opened, etc. Got it home and running, installed my usual security stuff and it picked up a keylogger 'I am (something) daddy.' The keylogger was verified and wasn't a false positive.

This wasn't some malware zoo type site, this was a brand spanking new computer coming from probably the largest computer manufacturer in the world. Since then, I haven't bought another computer from that company. I did recently purchase one of their laserjet printers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.