Chevrolet’s in-car pizza ordering app is the start of an ecommerce revolution

Discussion in 'hardware' started by ronjor, Jun 25, 2019.

1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

By Ronan Glon — Posted on June 25, 2019

2. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Seems pointless. You can order it on your phone and since you are already in the car you can just pick it up yourself. I understand that pickup is one of the options but again, what value does this add? Lock in to a particular brand? I'd rather use my phone and have more options.

3. hawki

hawki Registered Member

"Burger King Wants to Deliver to Cars Stuck in L.A. Traffic

After a test in Mexico City proved successful, direct-to-your-car service is said to be coming to the U.S.A.

...[T]he internet has revolutionized the restaurant delivery game — and as GPS technology has evolved, restaurant chains have been experimenting with more extreme services like sending food to trains or to the middle of the beach. So why not let people order a burger to their car in slow moving traffic and have it delivered by motorcycle? Turns out Burger King proved that concept wasn’t just possible but successful.

With the help of the New York City-based ad agency We Believers, Burger King launched a high-tech campaign in the traffic capital of the world, Mexico City, that utilized a wide mix of features to encourage people to order food direct to their cars — a program billed as “the Traffic Jam Whopper.”..."

https://www.foodandwine.com/news/burger-king-traffic-jam-delivery-los-angeles

4. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I've never been to Mexico City, but I've been to L.A. They'll shoot you for holding up traffic, or run you down if you're in the way. Sounds like a dangerous plan that will end after the first Burger King related traffic death. And aren't people fat enough? I just picture L.A. traffic becoming like a scene out of WALL-E.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.