Check what you Favourite AV Scores here

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by DVD+R, Dec 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

I just read several reviews on this website, and its interesting to see exactly what AV's use in the amount of Installation/ Boot-up/Memory etc etc...

http://www.antivirusware.com/

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Would be interesting to compare the performance tests here and those over at Raymond's .

3. Baz_kasp

Baz_kasp Registered Member

erm...isn't that just an affiliate advertising site. I mean all of their links to "buy" go through an affiliate link, so any sort of objectivity goes out of the window seeing as they want to sell you the products which give good commission.

4. markedmanner

markedmanner Registered Member

Any list that puts Norton at number 1 I really have to question.

5. Morro

Morro Registered Member

+1 :thumb:

Also in most of the reviews of the other programs, they have a link pointing towards Norton 2011 and/or they keep mentioning that Norton has 200+ updates per day. That maybe so, but i still think that this was not a objective test.

6. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Lame, lame, lame. Just another bought test.

7. AntivirusWare

AntivirusWare Registered Member

I just wanted to mention a couple points about our website, AntivirusWare.com. We are indeed "affiliates" of each antivirus program that we review, which we do to support the project (and this is mentioned on our "About" page).

However, we realize that many people are uneasy with the impartiality of reviews when affiliate links are also present (as mentioned in this thread and others). To this end, we are looking at possibly removing these affiliate links in exchange for other advertising models (we'll be testing Adsense and others soon).

Also, the AVW project is in the process of expanding our review offerings - we will be adding Free AV and Internet Security reviews to our website over the next couple months (as well as expanding our existing AV reviews to about 15). This should take us to about 45 total reviews by Feb/March sometime.

Thank you for your feedback... we are listening. :)

Regards,
    AntivirusWare.com

PS. We probably won't respond again, but we will definitely keep an eye on this thread.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2010
  8. henryg

henryg Registered Member

Quote: "We get a small % of each sale which helps cover our costs."
    That would be enough to convince me.... :rolleyes:

9. wildman

wildman Registered Member

So are they to be trusted or is this just a bunch of hype? I agree any place that says Norton is the best has sent up a big red flag IMHO.

Thanks
    Wildman

10. Bambo

Bambo Registered Member

Don't worry, not that many are worried about or even notice affiliate links. How would Toptenreviews survive without. But this site obviously know that already.

Instead of questioning those who just follow basic rules of how to monetize the interwebs may be question those companies who most eagerly offer affiliate deals, to just about anyone and in every possible context. Check out PC Tools/Spy Doctor for a horrible example.

11. Rampastein

Rampastein Registered Member

Even if it's trustworthy, many of those tests don't mean much (like hard disk space usage). I don't see anything out of place with the performance scores though, the Norton ads everywhere are just a bit suspicious.

12. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Any test results considering "Malware Detection" and "Performance Testing" as having the same importance as GUI design ("features and ease of use") is misleading IMO.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2010
  13. Nevis

Nevis Registered Member

i knew many people are against the rating but for me if i had to rank then it would have been exact same order as this site

i completely agree with you but unfortunately more than 95% people dont know much abt security and GUI is imp feature for them than caring for who scored just 2-3% higher in various tests

14. eBBox

eBBox Registered Member

+ 1 :)

15. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Very true :thumb:

16. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Give me One good reason why it shouldnt be,, beside saying you dont like it, and its not your personal choice :shifty:

17. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Their just testing their reflexes. Mention of Norton = knee jerk reaction. :rolleyes:

18. Nevis

Nevis Registered Member

get a life, try before you comment... anyway its your opinion so i wont argue

but i am sure even if norton may not be in favorites of many due to old reasons but it surely cannot be in hate list too now since it has dramatically improved

19. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

norton is NOT THE SAME as norton of old anymore. the newest versions especially 2010 and 2011 are VERY good programs very light and have great detection. you are welcome to your opinion like anyone but the fact is norton continues to test in the top av's in pretty much every test its included in now no matter the tests i have read.

20. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

Norton hasn't improved , it has simply changed. You just have to know the back-stage story about Norton division in 2008/2009. The change has made dramatic improvements in product detection/protection capabilities , in performance and most improtantly in customer satisfaction. Clumsy Norton is now gone . However , "clumsy" thinking people (canned guys) are still here.

21. Rompin Raider

Rompin Raider Registered Member

Agreed...I have used Kaspersky and now Norton (4-6 months) recently, and don't see much difference except Norton is a little lighter and scans faster (Internet Suites). I don't really put them through a legitimate test but simply daily use...and no issues. Maybe Windows 7 deserves some credit but like both security systems. I simply buy on line from something like Amazon at a low price and then update.

22. ExtremeGamerBR

ExtremeGamerBR Registered Member

The staff has to think hard before posting out.

One thing we have to consider is that Norton (Mostly version 2011) is excellent in every way, I'm not no little surprised to see him well in tests, since I am a user makes him almost one year and I know how it is lightweight, stable and secure.

Norton deserves to be in first, or at least among the first.

23. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

24. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Mostly I'm sure. Solid results are shown except for the VB test. Anyway I use Avira right now , although I've ued Norton and Eset previously. The point being that most critics haven't tried it in years.

25. Rampastein

Rampastein Registered Member

Those two first tests are actually good scores, and I couldn't care less about VB. What's more important are dynamic/real world protection tests, and in those NIS has usually been the best IS in all tests lately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.